1) Pixies - Doolittle and INXS - Kick. First two casettes I ever bought. Knew nothing about music, just saw those two that some kids at school had, so got my grandmom to buy them for me. I still like the Pixies, and I think INXS, but don't own anything from them now.
2) Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute. For some reason, even though I'm pretty sure he was dead before I was introduced to the band, the song "Tribute" makes me teary.
3) Weird "Al" Yankovic - (self-titled) I really like his music. Just fun stuff to listen to. Even Polka can be good sometimes!
4) Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son . One of my first 3 CDs. Back when they were in long cardboard boxes. Sometimes I listen to it, and remember how crazy I used to think.
5) Spacemen 3 . Not sure what album. I listened to this band while on a 1 week "holiday" I gave myself right after I graduated High School. I called my gramma to let her know that I'd be back in a week. She was not impressed.
6) Nine Inch Nails - Broken and Fixed. These albums were my introduction to "industrial" music. I think I fell in love with the stuff at this point.
7) Simon and Garfunkle - the song Scarborough Fair. Was the first time I used music for self-pleasure. (Sorry, TMI)
8) Peter Paul and Mary - Ten Years Together. The "Jetplane" song makes me cry when I hear it. My mom used to play it every time I'd go fly to visit gramma.
9) Skinny Puppy (pretty much every album I heard since introduced to them in 1992). Like NIN, just a chance to hear music that I felt I could 'relate' to or something.
10) Club 69 - Adults Only . I have no idea when I got this. The music is great. Some of the songs "let me be your underwear" just make me smile in 'that' way.
11) A Timeless Enterprizes CD that I found in a thrift store. It reminded me of Shok, who I got back in contact with, and developed a lot of friendships.
12) Coil - Love's Secret Domain. Not sure how I came across Coil, but for a while I was obsessed with them. I started buying vinyl on Ebay. Picked up a vinyl copy of LSD, too. But, now I'm too afraid to listen to any of my records for fear that I'll scratch them.
13) Godspeed You Black Emporer - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heavan . I saw them play at the ... what was it? 4040 space or something in W philly. The music was pretty nice and rhythmic. I saw them play again a year or two later, and wasn't quite as impressed, but the first time was very intense.
14) das ich - feuer . I saw this band play in Germany a bunch of years ago. I had a horrible headache, but, I was at a festival and wanted to give the headliners a listen. Amazed me. Some of the stage show was similar to Skinny Puppy. The guys played a few times in the US, too. Seemed to be a friendly bunch.
15) The Sisters of Mercy - Some Girls Wander By Mistake (well, really any album by them). The song Alice is one of my favorites, though. I can't believe it took me till now to list them, and they almost didn't make the 'cut'. They were my first 'goth' band that I fell in love with.