Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you that they changed your life. Dug into your soul. Music that brought you to life when you heard it. Royally affected you, kicked you in the ass, literally socked you in the gut if you know what i mean. Then when you finish, tag 15 others, including myself. Make sure you copy and paste this message so the people you tag will know the drill.
1) Pixies - Doolittle and INXS - Kick. First two casettes I ever bought. Knew nothing about music, just saw those two that some kids at school had, so got my grandmom to buy them for me. I still like the Pixies, and I think INXS, but don't own anything from them now.
2) Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute. For some reason, even though I'm pretty sure he was dead before I was introduced to the band, the song "Tribute" makes me teary.
3) Weird "Al" Yankovic - (self-titled) I really like his music. Just fun stuff to listen to. Even Polka can be good sometimes!
4) Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son . One of my first 3 CDs. Back when they were in long cardboard boxes. Sometimes I listen to it, and remember how crazy I used to think.
5) Spacemen 3 . Not sure what album. I listened to this band while on a 1 week "holiday" I gave myself right after I graduated High School. I called my gramma to let her know that I'd be back in a week. She was not impressed.
6) Nine Inch Nails - Broken and Fixed. These albums were my introduction to "industrial" music. I think I fell in love with the stuff at this point.
7) Simon and Garfunkle - the song Scarborough Fair. Was the first time I used music for self-pleasure. (Sorry, TMI)
8) Peter Paul and Mary - Ten Years Together. The "Jetplane" song makes me cry when I hear it. My mom used to play it every time I'd go fly to visit gramma.
9) Skinny Puppy (pretty much every album I heard since introduced to them in 1992). Like NIN, just a chance to hear music that I felt I could 'relate' to or something.
10) Club 69 - Adults Only . I have no idea when I got this. The music is great. Some of the songs "let me be your underwear" just make me smile in 'that' way.
11) A Timeless Enterprizes CD that I found in a thrift store. It reminded me of Shok, who I got back in contact with, and developed a lot of friendships.
12) Coil - Love's Secret Domain. Not sure how I came across Coil, but for a while I was obsessed with them. I started buying vinyl on Ebay. Picked up a vinyl copy of LSD, too. But, now I'm too afraid to listen to any of my records for fear that I'll scratch them.
13) Godspeed You Black Emporer - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heavan . I saw them play at the ... what was it? 4040 space or something in W philly. The music was pretty nice and rhythmic. I saw them play again a year or two later, and wasn't quite as impressed, but the first time was very intense.
14) das ich - feuer . I saw this band play in Germany a bunch of years ago. I had a horrible headache, but, I was at a festival and wanted to give the headliners a listen. Amazed me. Some of the stage show was similar to Skinny Puppy. The guys played a few times in the US, too. Seemed to be a friendly bunch.
15) The Sisters of Mercy - Some Girls Wander By Mistake (well, really any album by them). The song Alice is one of my favorites, though. I can't believe it took me till now to list them, and they almost didn't make the 'cut'. They were my first 'goth' band that I fell in love with.
|comments: Leave a comment|