Really, I tried to tag people that may not have done the thing. I can't remember, really. And, I'm probably not gunna tag 25 people. I also did the tagging in Facebook (Where I first submitted this, and now I'll post it to the other things).
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1) Beyond the word "yes", I always find it a challenge to answer "Do you have any brothers or sisters"?
2) I'm happily child-free, and sometimes supporter of VHEMT.
3) I think about global warming, but I'm pretty sure that the Earth will be fine (the humans, not so much). So, I don't really try to 'save the Earth', as it is unnecessary.
4) I spent over 5 years as an active, sober member of AA, but don't believe I was ever "really" an alcoholic (I think I was just a 'teenager/young adult').
5) I usually have a male "brain type" on the online tests (3-d imaging, etc).
6) I skipped to 3rd grade from the middle of 2nd grade. In Jr. high, I when changing schools (and states) they decided to "hold me back" in 7th grade, since they felt I wasn't 'emotionally developed" enough. (I'm still not). I disliked school after that experience.
7) I am pro-choice, but never want to find myself in the situation of having to 'chose', as I don't think I'd really want an abortion.
8) I thank sex-ed, and sadly, the AIDS epidemic, for my religious use of condoms - which I believe may have helped keep #2 and #7 possible.
9) I considered PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) to be my "30th Birthday Present", as I was told I would probably need fertility help to procreate (which, along with #8, could have assisted #2 and #7).
10) Because of #9, I have 'male pattern hair loss'. It is the physical thing I hate most about myself. I use even Rogaine.
11) I have traveled to 12 foreign countries. England, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Mexico and Canada.
12) I have done 2 sprint triathlons, the 150 mile MS City to Shore ride 4 times (the last one, added the 25 mile "century" loop), the MS PA Dutch Tour (once, painful), and a bike ride for woman's cardiovascular disease. I learned how to swim through many lessons the year I did the triathlons.
13) I've gone skydiving twice. Once tandem, once "solo" with auto-deploying parachute and a radio to listen to instructions for landing safely. I'd love to do it more often, but the airports are like an hour away, and it gets expensive.
14) I've used kits to make 18 gallons of wine (3 6-gallon batches). A Shiraz, a Savignon/Merlot and a Borgeon Rouge.
15) I started bike riding for primary transportation when SEPTA went on strike in 1998 for 40 days, leaving me in Roxborough and classes/life 5 miles away in Center City.
16) I have never owned a car, and only drove one regularly when I was in high school.
17) I held my grandmother's hand as she died at home, surrounded by close family. She is the only person I've seen die, yet.
18) My grandmother was my inspiration for most of the 'good' things that I've had/done in my life. I believe I would be dead if it weren't for her.
19) I have been held up by people with guns three times. I gave money up once. I have been robbed two more times by 'grab and go', and my apartment broken into (and losing stuff) once.
20) When I was a teenager, I used to beg for cigarettes (despite having a full pack next to me in plain view). It was just for fun.
21) When I was younger (12?) I started setting small fires. One night on the news, I read about a fire that burned down a house on the same street I set a fire (it was miles away, but on the same street name). It scared me, and I didn't set fires again.
22) When I was a teenager, I decided I made a deal with the devil, but it included me dying when I was 18 or so (as if there's life after 18). When the situation didn't resolve, and I was still alive well into my 20s, I accepted my atheism.
23) Before I got into goth/industrial/experimental music. I was a metal head. Before metal head, I only had crappy radio stations, and couldn't understand why people "liked" music. It all sounded horrible to me. I was finally introduced to Z-rock (a metal station), which went off the air within months of my introduction. But, I finally realized why people liked (some) music.
24) I like buying vegetables I know nothing about, and then cooking them.
25) Overall, I think there is too much to do, and too little time to do it. I wanna do EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. Skydiving, skiing, hiking, camping, traveling, parties, nightclubs, hang out, cook, bike ride, draw, read and whatever else I'm interested in. All the time. Sadly, I must sleep and work, too. And some stuff costs moneys.
|comments: Leave a comment|